Welcome to Upper School from Mr. Scott Hicks – Upper School Principal
Hello, my name is Scott Hicks and I am the Upper School Principal of Grace Baptist Academy.
I have been serving at Grace since 2005 and am very glad to welcome you to our website.
I graduated from a Christian school outside of Buffalo, NY, and then went on to graduate from Clarks Summit University, a Christian university near Scranton, PA.
I am deeply committed to loving students and serving our faculty to help them invest their exceptional giftedness in your children. I believe you will find our Upper School to be a place where students can develop their unique gifts, deepen their relationship with God, and enjoy the fun and camaraderie of good friendships.
Our faculty are highly skilled professionals who not only excel in their academic specialties but also pursue the integration of God's Word into their subject matter every day. Beyond that, they truly love students. It is their greatest desire to be a life mentor for their students and demonstrate their own personal pursuit of following their Savior, Jesus Christ with all their heart.
It is my hope that you will schedule a visit with me and allow me the privilege of getting to know you and your child, and also give me the opportunity to answer your questions about our school.
To read more about Mr. Hicks, click here.
This Year's Theme: "Be Prepared"
- We average a student to teacher ratio of 12:1.
- Our staff is gifted, experienced and dedicated to create lifelong personal relationships with our students.
- We aim to empower students to think critically, problem solve, and analyze information.
- Our curriculum is comprehensive and we have a college-preparatory environment.
- We teach a Biblical foundation in the classroom as a core subject and integrate it into all other subjects.
- We provide multiple ways for our students to grow educationally and spiritually through weekly chapel programs, mentoring sessions, and tribal/family discipleship.
- Interscholastic athletic competition begins in the 6th grade for our Upper School students.
- We have a 1:1 iPad ratio for all of our students.